This program is used to record and track company fixed assets for easy retrieval of:
- assets details (date of purchase, price, supplier, serial number, location, warranty, etc)
- who is requesting the asset purchase
- who is currently using the assets
- assets movement history: when and to whom asset was assigned to,
- list of assets assigned to an employee or department
- for hardware assets, what software products licences and IP Address is currently assigned to,
- who is signing-out the assets and when
- automatic calculation of depreciation expense for accounting purpose.
The FAMS can records many types of assets including hardware, software and operating system licences, office supplies, etc. Assets is categorized into asset types and assigned a unique assets numbering system (which can be adjusted to company specification).